Saturday, December 16, 2017

George Onsy writes


ON A SOUL'S LIFE JOURNEY - With Oscar Wilde


Part IV

"One step forward in time, we get to May 1897 where I can see you released. But I don’t see your wife and sons waiting!!"

With a heartbreaking sigh he replies, "Constance was already refusing to meet me or let me see our sons."

“But, my dear friend, your health seems to have suffered greatly.”

“Yet, I have such a feeling of spiritual renewal that I’ve immediately requested a six-month Catholic retreat.”

“Did you go there?"

“No. You know? When the request was denied, I just wept.”

“Does all that mean you have, by now, such a great need to change your life finding another source of satisfaction and fulfillment in faith? I remember you once said: Religions die when they are proved to be true. Science is the record of dead religions.”

“I cannot answer your question but what I’m sure about is that in this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.”

Then, after a few moments of silence he says firmly, “Listen! I’ll leave England tomorrow for the continent.”

“To France?”

“Yes!”

“To spend a few months?”

“No, a bit longer, it will be my last three years in impoverished exile.”

Oscar Wilde`s Homeland
Igor Lysenko
Surrealism
Original paintings
 Oscar Wilde's Homeland -- Igor Lysenko

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! What is your reaction to the post?